|Baseline surveys and studies
- Baseline survey, community profiling, focused-group discussions, social mapping, and other surveys and studies
- Identify specific issues/aspects and characteristics of the group and location related to water supply
- Identification of community organizations, religious and other organizations, and motivated individuals through the survey process
- Rapport building with the community
- Willingness& Affordability To Pay
|Mass public awareness raising
- Hold general public consultation and focus group discussions etc.
- Identify target groups and issues, messages to be delivered, and delivery tools
- Identify and prepare effective communication media tools and IEC materials for awareness raising campaign.
- Disseminate information to general mass population in the city through posters, leaflets, booklets, pamphlets, community discussions, workshops, special day events participating in public media, school programmes, poster/essay contests, street plays, awareness songs and skits, videos etc.
- Promote good water use, sanitation and environment education
- promote takeup of water supply and sewerage connections
- Bring awareness on water conservation, water quality and contamination, and water management to community level
- Bring awareness of the importance of community-wide connection of sewerage for public hygiene.
- Bring awareness of solid waste management and good use of sanitation facilities and drainage
- Develop sense of responsibility within community for taking part in enhancement of the water supply and sewerage networks
- Promote legal connection and discourage illegal connection
- Encourage meter acceptance and meter-based payment
- Initial assessment of target group and issues in the priority area
- Develop effective intervention strategies and action plan on the basis of findings of the survey with the target communities
- Organize meetings, workshops, training, demonstrations of laboratory test, demonstration of water contamination and treatment model, exposure trips, community competitions etc. and disseminate on the identified target issues.
- Impliment awareness raising activities, surveys and transect walk, mapping etc. with CBOs
- Develop linkage and coordination mechanism to share community initiatives and issues with relevant agencies and organizations.
- Form stakeholder groups such as fishermen, dhobis, idol making factories etc. if required.
|Community-based organization development
- Identify, support formation/revitalization of CBOs, strengthening them through continuous support and capacity development
- Investigation of community-based connection methods working with Community Connection Engineers of Institutional Capacity Development Consultancy (ICDC).
- Development of CBO and operation and maintenance of alternative community-based connection systems.
|Customer relationship improvement
- Organize application camps
- Organize trips to the water & sewerage treatment plants
- Organize customer consultation at the community level
- Conduct customer satisfactory surveys